Friday, July 5, 2013

Oh the joy of 4th of July

So..... Yesterday was 4th of July.  And I went out to the pasture to put Glory's muzzle on. She has to wear one since we only have a run-in-shed and we don't want her to founder. But I went out there and just talked to her and petted her. Then I started walking back to the house and she followed me!!!!!!!!!!! It made my whole day. So then I stayed out longer. We went inside and visited with our family. Then we went out to set off little fireworks. I heard her breathing heavily. So I walked over to the fence. And also know it was VERY dark. I just saw a dark blob that was her. So then my dad put off another firework. She went nuts and galloped up to the top of the hill. I started freaking out because the grass was soaking wet and muddy. So I yelled at my dad telling him to stop. My mom ran Inside and got her boots on. We hopped in my dads car and drove up to the top of the hill. She was in the little paddock trotting in circles. Me and my mo hopped out of the car and started to comfort her. We walked down closer to our house since it was farther away from the fireworks. She followed us down and stood there. We stood next to her until 11:25 petting her and talking to her.  Waiting for our neighbors to stop doing fireworks. She got calmer and calmer. Then we thought they were finished so we went inside. Then I got in bed and at that moment 3 huge fireworks went off. I got so angry. My dad went out there to check on her and she was up in the paddock again. Anyways that was a exhausting night. So I woke up early this morning and gave her, her food. And refilled the water. So now I'm still tired from the scariness of the night. Now I literally hate fireworks. But here are som pictures from yesterday afternoon









4 comments:

  1. Poor Glory. Probably the fireworks hurt her ears. They hurt mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor horse! I guess she hated all the loud noise. Good thing you could get her calmed down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy we calmed her down too! Than you Jesus!

      Delete