Monday, August 5, 2013

Lazy day, and grumpy mares

So...... Glory is always grumpy on monday, because she is off her Bute. Since she has arthritis the man was giving her Bute every day..... That can lead to liver problems etc. so we are doing it every other day and giving her flax instead. So of course there are 7 days in the week which is uneven. So Sunday and Monday no Bute. That's the reason. So glory did not get ridden today. We thought it would be good to let Her rest while she is grumpy :'D . So I stayed home waiting to go back out. I have been giving her some carrots every once in awhile, Because apparently they are really good for horses (according to @giveahorseacarrot off of Instagram) . She loves them, she is so cute! I just came in from putting on her muzzle (so she does not founder). She followed me around it was adorable! I stretched her front left leg :) she tried to stomp it down, but I held on to it! Sorry I'm just happy about that cause usually I chicken out afraid she's going to fall .when I was younger I had an experience with a horse falling while I picked out its hooves. She seemed surprised :D I checked her water la-de-da-da. I also took some pictures! I drew the pictures

Glorybear13 is my Instagram name if you ware wondering!






















5 comments:

  1. Do you put anything on her legs for the arthritis? When Red almost foundered we rubbed some stuff for stiffness in the legs..I can get the name, don't know it, but you could probably find it on the internet as well. We gave him that and bute, then took him off bute and just used the rub. Works really well and isn't as bad for the horse. Crazy that she has it so young! I think Red has arthritis in his broken tail, going to ask our vet.
    Love the drawings! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, we do not put anything on for her arthritis :/ I know! I wish she didn't have it because it makes me sad that she's in pain.... awwww how did he break his tail? :(

      Delete
    2. Broke it in a bronco/cattle shoot in a rodeo! :P :P You should see if you can find the rub, works really well! :)

      Delete
  2. Glory is so cute! She's a Rocky Mountain Horse, right? I love your drawings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! yes, you are correct she is a rocky mountain :) thank you ,I really like my drawings too!

      Delete